MY 10th Birthday
It was Monday morning when the birds chirping was like a singing song to me. The milk undoubtedly tasted better than every morning. It was all because as it's my 10th Birthday. Not just because it was my birthday but my brother who lived in Vietnam was coming to visit me. I was so happy as he barely visits us during the condition of 2020. I invited all my friends especially Cecile my best friend. My dad bought me a cake that was red velvet though mom doesn't like it much it's my birthday so I am the queen. The party decorator was on the way and my heart started racing. it was 5 in the evening when the decoration started. I was wondering that by the time my brother would have been here but there was no one, so it was to put on some makeup and get dressed up, guest must be arriving soon. when I looked up in the mirror I was looking like a Disney princess, the dress was soo adorable. Everyone arrived but the diamond of the ring was missing, Dad told them his flight must have been delayed. I heavy heartedly cut the cake and celebrated. it was a fun night all my friends were enjoying it we had a great time together, dinner was so good but only one thing was holding me back that was the absence of my brother. It was late night when all three of us was staring at the door waiting for the bell to be rung and I would run toward him and hug him sp tightly that he could never escape. Dad set up my bed and was there till I fall asleep. The night seemed to be so long that I could never explain but finally, the sunrise gave me hope. Dad tried to call him many times but his cellphone was out of the coverage area, everyone then started to panic, we ringed up the college authorities but they answered he left last night. Dad switched on the T.V and hand shakingly set the channel to "The News". I was stunned for a moment. My heartfelt like drowning when I saw the news headline that stated "FLIGHT FROM VIETNAM WAS CRASHED"
Comments
Post a Comment